Congress had passed the Omnibus Trade Act, which provided a short term extension of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) provisions until February 13, 2011. The provisions made changes to the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) that encompassed several tax credit percentage impacts, and most significantly lowered the tax credit for qualified individuals from 80% to 65%. As of March 1, 2011, the IRS also will no longer process new reimbursement requests but will continue to process reimbursement requests received by February 28, 2011 for payments made in January and February 2011.
- EEOC Sues Powersports Company for Gender Discrimination
- Restaurant Franchise Owners Ordered to Pay Nearly $1 Million for DOL Violations
- Navigating the Evolution of Pay: A Guide for Small Business Owners
- The Impact of Part-Time Employees on ACA Compliance
- Security Company Fined $473,212 for FLSA Violations