Reduce Risk and Leave COBRA to the Experts
With Asure as your full-service COBRA administrator, you can rest assured that the responsibility of compliance and the burden of administration are covered.
Coverage for All Administrative Functions
Asure takes care of all the required COBRA mailings, including postage costs. Eliminate the hassle and paperwork required by COBRA. Asure’s services include :
- COBRA General (Initial) Notice to newly enrolled employees and retroactive General Notice mailing to existing employees (additional fees may apply for existing employees)
- HIPAA Certificates of Coverage mailed to Qualified Beneficiaries (QBs) for the period of active COBRA and COBRA termination
- Specific qualifying event notifications to QBs
- Appeals processing for terminated QBs
- Collection and electronic remittance of premiums to client at the close of each month
- NSF check protection through electronic scanning capabilities for COBRA premium payments
- Required Conversion Notices mailed to QBs
- Enrollment confirmation letter and coupons sent upon QB election
- Eligibility for reinstatements, terminations, and changes to client or carriers directly
- Open enrollment fulfillment capabilities available directly with QBs and carriers (fees may apply)
- Installation and annual updates of all COBRA eligible plans
Working with Asure means guaranteed compliance with all COBRA and IL State Continuation regulations and law changes. You’ll never have to worry about costly penalties and legal fees for compliance violations or costly claims from ineligible parties. You’ll enjoy 100% flexibility in your COBRA Administration program while still ensuring that COBRA is administered consistently at all work locations.
Easy Account Access & Support
Asure’s clients enjoy online account administration and reporting via www.mycobrasource.com. All documentation is maintained electronically, meaning less paperwork for you. Toll-free customer service for participants is available 24/7, and clients receive personalized and responsive service from an experienced, dedicated Account Manager.
Avoid the Costly Consequences of COBRA Liability
Protect your business with Asure’s COBRA Administration solution. Asure indemnifies our clients 100% on their COBRA plans, so your company never has to worry about damaging lawsuits or lengthy litigation.
How It Works:
- Setup: Asure collects information from the employer. This takes 5-7 days, on average, depending on complexity.
- Event Notification: When a COBRA event takes place, employers should notify carriers of the employee’s termination date. There is a 30-day deadline for this.
- COBRA Notice: Asure sends out COBRA notification and enrollment forms within the 14-day deadline, allowing 2-3 days for the mailing process.
- Enrollment: Asure reinstates the Qualified Beneficiary (QB) upon election and receipt of the initial premium payment. Asure notifies the plan sponsor and issues payment coupons.
- Collections: Asure collects the premiums due and provides only eligible QBs to remain on COBRA.
- Disbursements: Asure disburses monthly collected premiums to plan sponsor with a Premium Reconciliation Report.
- Customer Service: Asure handles all correspondence and customer service calls on client’s behalf, supported by Benefit Specialists and a 24/7 phone system.
- Termination and HIPAA Certification: Upon termination of the QB, Asure sends termination notice and HIPAA certificate to certify the period of COBRA coverage. Asure also notifies the plan sponsor of the termination.
Unlock your growth potential
Talk with one of our experts to explore how Asure can help you reduce administrative burdens and focus on growth.