Health Insurance Exchanges Reach One Month Anniversary – Open enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplaces (also known as Health Insurance Exchanges) commenced on 10/1/2013 in preparation for the January 1, 2014 mandate for individuals to be covered by health insurance. The Health Insurance Exchanges are divided into two main sections: the Marketplace (for Individual Coverage) and the SHOP (for small employer group health plans).Notice of Exchanges and Subsidies – Just a reminder, this important Notice was to be distributed to all employees by 10/1/2013. This Notice should be provided to each new employee within 14 days of hire. Be sure to add this to your New Hire Checklist. Model Notices and answers to Frequently Asked Questions can be found in the links at the bottom of the Health Care Reform Section of the Benefits Tab in the HR Support Center.New COBRA Notice: Employers are now required to include the Affordable Care Act language in their COBRA Notice and Election Form alerting COBRA eligible workers about the Health Insurance Marketplace. An updated document is available under the Forms Section of the Essentials Tab located in the HR Support Center.
- Roofing Contractors Face $173,982 in Penalties Following OSHA Inspection
- Research Center to Pay $95,000 Following DOL Investigation of Applicant Discrimination: What Small Businesses Can Learn
- Qualified Plans Explained: IRA vs. 401(k) for Small Business Owners
- EEOC Sues Powersports Company for Gender Discrimination
- Restaurant Franchise Owners Ordered to Pay Nearly $1 Million for DOL Violations