Many employment agreements provide severance pay upon a change in control or a termination without cause if the employee signs a release of claims. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has noted that these types of agreements may cause problems under Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code. The IRS has given employers until December 31, 2012 to correct a problem frequently found in severance agreements and other similar arrangements.
- Managing Outside Investigators – Best Practices for Employers
- Elderly Home Care Business Fined $55,468 for Back Wages and Damages Following DOL Investigation
- Closing the Talent Gap: Small Business Strategies for Attracting Skilled Employees
- Top 10 Payroll Mistakes to Avoid
- The Future of Payroll: On-Demand Pay Explained for Small Businesses