Recently, KVUE, Austin’s affiliate TV station, reached out to our firm inquiring how HR is handling harassment and hostile work environment situations for its clients. Click here to see our own, David Hughen’s interview and comments on this topic. Everyone seems to have a thought or an opinion on this controversial topic since it’s relevant in the news right now. At Austin HR, we have received calls and questions inquiring what to do about situations that may or may not have been brought to light because of the recent focus on this topic.Our HR Hotline team fields these questions, providing guidance on how best to address inappropriate behaviors in the workplace, noting relevant laws and protections around this subject. We also recommend a relevant article written by Daniel Swartz with Shipman & Goodwin LLP as another great read on this topic.
- DOL Recovers $234,467 From Restaurant Franchisee for FLSA Violations
- Equity Financing: Attracting Investments for Your Business
- Construction Business Faces $77,684 in Penalties Following OSHA Investigation
- HR Strategy as a Vital Component of Overall Business Strategy
- Natural Food Company Settles EEOC Sexual Harassment Lawsuit for Over $182,500