Effective August 12, 2011, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued final rules to implement the Dodd-Frank whistleblower program, such that publicly traded employers should not interfere with an employee’s communication efforts with the SEC or take any adverse actions against an employee for exercising his or her rights under the whistleblower provisions.
- Roofing Contractors Face $173,982 in Penalties Following OSHA Inspection
- Research Center to Pay $95,000 Following DOL Investigation of Applicant Discrimination: What Small Businesses Can Learn
- Qualified Plans Explained: IRA vs. 401(k) for Small Business Owners
- EEOC Sues Powersports Company for Gender Discrimination
- Restaurant Franchise Owners Ordered to Pay Nearly $1 Million for DOL Violations