On June 15, 2011, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) sent notices to 1,000 companies ranging from small businesses to major enterprises including cargo handlers, food production, information technology, financial services, construction, water treatment, transportation, and telecommunications. These businesses were targeted for inspections to determine whether or not they were hiring illegal workers and to review their employment records.
- DOL Sues Convenience Store Owner $36,528 for Back Wages and Damages
- The Necessity of HR Strategy Regardless of Labor Trends
- Highway Construction Company Sued by EEOC for Sexual Harassment
- Construction Company Fined $92,191 for OSHA Violations That Lead to Worker’s Drowning
- Managing Outside Investigators – Best Practices for Employers