Make Conference Room Scheduling Easy for Mobile Employees
Mobile Employees Becoming the Norm
By 2020, IDC predicts that over 105 million workers—or nearly 75% of the U.S. workforce—will be mobile. Predictably, mobile device use in the workplace has also skyrocketed. From healthcare to transportation to construction, workers in every industry and many occupations are turning to apps on their mobile phones and tablets to help them become more productive at work.
Meetings Are Important. They Should Be Easier.
The National Statistics Council reports that 37% of employee time is spent in meetings. Busy professionals attend about 60 meetings each month, and it is estimated that over 11,000,000 meetings take place every day in the U.S. alone.
If more than half of the nation’s workers are mobile at least part of the time, millions of weekly meetings include mobile workers and a good number of those will also need to be scheduled and set up by mobile workers. According to a study by Verizon, 87% of respondents prefer to meet in person, so it’s important that collaborative meeting spaces like conference rooms are available when meetings need to convene.
5 Key Features of Scheduling Software for Mobile Employees
Many companies are turning to technology to reduce the overall cost of meetings and help ease the burden of conference room scheduling. It’s important to consider the needs of both on premise and mobile workers when evaluating scheduling software solutions. Here are some important features to look for, if your organization has a lot of mobile employees:
- Cloud-based: When you choose a cloud-based scheduling solution, it is available to employees anywhere through a secure connection, and it can be accessed 24/7. This helps mobile employees, such as sales professionals, schedule meetings during their down time—whether that is at the airport, in a hotel room, or at their home office.
- Mobile app: When mobile employees are on the go, the easiest tool to reach for is the smartphone. If you select scheduling software that includes a mobile app, your mobile employees can reserve conference rooms without having to get out a laptop or wait until they are in front of a PC.
- Outlook and Google Calendar integration: Your mobile employees already rely on either Outlook or Google Calendar to help them move through busy work days. Why make them learn a different system to schedule the conference room than they already use to calendar the meeting itself?
- Office hoteling: To attend in person meetings, your mobile employees will be coming to the office. If your scheduling software includes an office hoteling feature, they can easily reserve a space to work for the day of the meeting, in addition to the conference room.
- Reporting: To better understand and serve the needs of your mobile (and in office) employees, it is important to find a solution with easy, yet comprehensive, reporting and analytics about conference room utilization. This will help you spot trends and identify future resource requirements such as more meeting space.
Make Booking a Conference Room a Breeze for Mobile Workers
Giving employees access to conference room scheduling helps them set up meetings and book space in the most efficient way possible. By extending this tool to a mobile app, your mobile employees can quickly and easily schedule meetings and book meeting spaces from their smartphones. Asure Software provides an intuitive, easy-to-use conference room scheduling suite with a Cloud-based, 24/7 booking system that allows your mobile employees to schedule meetings anytime, from anywhere.