PeopleCounter Image Sensor
Using the next generation of image sensing technology, it provides a common platform for the collection of a wide range of customer behavioral information. With greater than 95% accuracy, the PeopleCounter Image Sensor can help answer real estate utilization questions such as:
- Was a room or workspace used?
- If so, when and by how many people?
- What was the average and maximum occupancy of the workspace?
- What are the most commonly used traffic patterns to get from point A to point B?
Unparalleled Accuracy and Simplicity
The PeopleCounter Image Sensor technology from Brickstream is the second generation hardware platform, with a reduced form factor and on-board micro SD storage. Occupancy, utilization and traffic data for up to six separate areas of interest is collected in real-time and streamed from the device for intra-day reporting. The data is conveniently delivered on site or from AsureSpace’s hosted servers over https/ftps protocol. On-board Flash storage ensures that the data is protected against network failures for up to 10 days and all data is retained during any power loss.
Key Features of The PeopleCounter Occupancy Detection Image Sensor
- Collects and stores metrics at one minute granularity
- Accuracy rates of 95% or greater
- Simultaneously counts adults, children, and other objects in separate data streams
- Filters objects based on height, shape and size, i.e. children, catering or A/V carts, as desired
- Robust and accurate metrics across a broad set of environments: indoor/outdoor and high traffic areas
- Adjusts automatically to environmental changes: lighting, temperature, etc.
- Comprehensive analytics with intuitive, interactive data analysis visualizations
- IP addressable, enabling remote management and support, including software upgrades
- No additional hardware required for data collection and delivery
- Simple, intuitive web interface provides full device configuration and management capabilities
- Easy, unobtrusive, overhead mounting with support for oblique views
- Supports scheduled streaming digital video output for remote data validation
- Flash memory stores configuration settings and up to 10 days of data.
- Data packaged in XML packets and delivered over HTTP/HTTPS protocol, or FTP/FTPS
- Real-time data delivery and alerts
The PeopleCounter Image Sensor offers multiple advantages over traditional data collection devices and platforms. It utilizes advanced stereo vision (3-D) and object tracking technology to distinguish between adults, children, and other objects such as catering carts, and can be used under a broad set of conditions, such as high traffic, dynamic lighting, and indoor/ outdoor environments.
By integrating image sensing and data collection into a single device, the total cost of ownership is reduced by eliminating the need for additional equipment. An integrated web server enables complete configuration and management via standard web browsers, locally on site or remotely over a WAN. The system scales by simply adding additional devices to the network.
Industry standard 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) is supported to both deliver power and transfer data, as well as facilitate the reuse of existing networking infrastructure and network management tools. Standard protocols for time synchronization and software updates are supported.